The Material That Does It All
Apple Rubber has created silicone parts and seals for a broad range of industries including medical, automotive, aerospace, electronics and more. From simple seals to the most complex silicone parts, we utilize a host of sophisticated technologies and processes to consistently manufacture the high-quality silicone components your applications demand.
About Liquid Silicone Rubber
Liquid silicone rubber (LSR) and silicone rubber are extraordinary manufactured materials. By combining the appropriate additives, in the correct amounts, silicone is transformed into a highly specific material.
- It can insulate. Or it can be conductive.
- Silicone can withstand freezing temperatures. And it can stand up to high heat.
- It can be translucent. It can also be almost any color - even glow-in-the-dark green.
- Silicone resists fungus. At the same time, it is non-toxic.
From the cleanroom to the operating room, from the dashboard to the circuit board, silicone rubber exhibits such a wide range of properties, it is used in many applications where organic rubber cannot perform.
State-of-the-Art Molding Capabilities
The popularity of silicone has led to Apple Rubber's development of precision mold capabilities. Even the most complex silicone parts and seals can be consistently manufactured using a host of technologies and processes including injection molding and compression molding.
We give you all the advantages of silicone… and then some.
- Unmatched temperature resistance: withstands temperature extremes from -155°F to 400°F.
- Excellent mechanical properties: good elongation, excellent flexibility and a durometer range of 10-80 Shore A.
- Superior insulating properties: exceeds all elastomers in its insulating properties making it ideal for electrical applications. It is non-conductive and maintains dielectric strength in high and low temperature extremes. However conductive silicone compounds are available if required (for EMI shielding).
- Exceptional weather resistance: resists the damaging effects of UV light, ozone, O2, weather, moisture and steam with outstanding aging characteristics.
- Good chemical resistance: resists water and many chemicals such as some acids, oxidizing chemicals, ammonia and isopropyl alcohol. Note: concentrated acids, alkalines and solvents should not be used with silicone rubber.
- Excellent dimensional stability: offers excellent accuracy and provides versatility of shape and form to many seals and parts, even intricate shapes.
For more information on silicone parts and seals, contact Apple Rubber today.