A Filter and Seal in One Advanced Device
Our exclusive FilterSeal™ parts are a custom-designed combination of elastomer and fabric, metal or plastic that operates as both a seal and a filter in one device. FilterSeals™ are designed to meet your unique specifications with a variety of elastomers and filter materials available. A FilterSeal™ part can simplify your assembly process with only one component to purchase and install.
By combining a filtering mesh with rubber seal profile, a FilterSeal™ is able to perform as a high-functioning seal with filtering capabilities. These seals can be completely customizable to meet your exact needs. Simply changing the mesh material or size of the seal allows this device to filter everything from large particulates to water vapor.
Why Choose Filter Seals™?
- Multi-functional: allows you to seal and filter with one part instead of two, three or more; can simplify the design of your components
- Cost and time savings: one part to purchase instead of two, one part to install, easier maintenance and replacement
- Custom designs: Filter Seal™ is custom-designed to your exact specifications. Available in all typical elastomer materials including silicone, fluorocarbon and more, as well as a wide choice of filter materials including PTFE membrane, nylon, Dacron, etc.
- Fast turnaround: you can select an AS568 standard o-ring size and we can quickly custom manufacture a FilterSeal™ to your needs utilizing any of a variety of available fabrics.
- Unlimited applications: Apple Rubber can design FilterSeal™ in virtually any shape or size for industries from automotive to food grade applications.
Fabric and Weave Types
- Stainless steel
- Fabric weave
Customize Your Material Selection
Apple Rubber engineers can help you select the right fabric and weave based on your applications and factors such as:
- Filtration requirements
- Chemical compatibility
- Corrosion resistance
- Heat stable for molding
- Burst strength of fabric
- Flexibility of fabric
- Tensile strength
*Note: Please check the latest standard for current revision.
For more information on our Filter Seal™ parts, contact Apple Rubber today.
Properties of Common Plastic Mesh*
|Tensile Strength||psi||55k – 97k||65k – 108k||47k – 108k|
|Elongation at Break||%||20 – 35||15 – 30||20 – 40|
|Working Temperature Dry||F||239||302||482|
|Stability in Solvents||limited||good||good|
|Mesh Size||µm||1 – 5000||1 – 5000||35 – 5000|