Do you have a manufacturing certification? Are you considering looking into one? If your answer to either one of those questions is yes, then your career is on the right track.
Obtaining a professional certification isn’t a requirement for manufacturers, but it does help professionals stay up to date on industry trends, enhance their education and boost careers. Here’s how:
- Certifications demonstrate professional commitment. Since it’s not mandated, professional certification shows your peers you’re serious about your high standards.
- Certifications enhance credentials. When it comes to the hiring process, manufacturing certifications are a great way to stand out from the competition. This third-party endorsement proves your expertise.
- Certifications improve a person’s skillset. Most certifications offer new knowledge that can add to a professional’s toolbox of skills.
Want to find out which manufacturing certification is right for you? In order to jumpstart your search, we’ve compiled seven of our favorites.
1. Certified Manufacturing Engineering Certification
Targeted at manufacturing engineers with at least eight years of experience, the Certified Manufacturing Engineering Certification requires a four-hour exam testing general and manufacturing-specific knowledge.
2. Certified Production Technician
The Certified Production Technician program recognizes individuals who demonstrate mastery of the core competencies of manufacturing production at the front-line. Through the completion of certifications assessments, the goal of the CPT certification program is to raise the level of performance of production workers both to assist the individuals.
3. Apple Rubber Academy
Apple Rubber Academy allows users to prove their expertise on rubber materials, sealing best practices and engineering quality. This free certification course covers five areas of rubber and sealing, offers quizzes after each section and concludes with a final examination.
4. Certified Automation Professional®
Working in process automation and manufacturing automation industries around the globe, a Certified Automation Professionals® are an elite group of automation professionals that have proven they possess an extensive knowledge of automation and controls. CAPs have documented evidence that they possess the expertise and qualifications to excel in their fields.
5. Quality Engineer Certification
As its name suggests, the Certified Quality Engineer certification showcases a professional’s ability to develop and operate quality control systems and use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices, among other things.
6. American Society for Quality Certification
The American Society for Quality Certification is a formal recognition by ASQ that an individual has demonstrated a proficiency within, and comprehension of, a specific body of quality knowledge. Professionals complete a rigorous studying and preparation process to achieve an ASQ certification.
7. Project Management Professional
Perfect for project managers, the Project Management Professional certification covers all aspects of project delivery, leading and directing cross-functional teams.
Do you have any manufacturing certifications?
What manufacturing certifications have you completed? Which ones do you recommend? Let us know by tweeting us at @AppleRubber.