Our exclusive Filter Seal ® parts are a custom designed combination of elastomer and fabric, metal or plastic that operates as both a seal and a filter in one device. Filter Seals ® are designed to meet your unique specifications with a variety of elastomers and filter materials available. A Filter Seal ® part can simplify your assembly process with only one component to purchase and install.
Apple Rubber pioneered the Filter Seal® more than a decade ago and has produced more than 10 million custom Filter Seals® since then, for countless applications, in a wide variety of industries. We offer unmatched experience, expertise and manufacturing capabilities to deliver the advantages of Filter Seal® for your specific application.
Why a Filter Seal®?
- Multi-functional - Allows you to seal and filter with one part instead of two, three or more; can simplify the design of your components.
- Cost and time savings - One part to purchase instead of two; one part to install; easier maintenance and replacement.
- Custom designs - Filter Seal® is custom-designed to your exact specifications, available in all typical elastomer materials - i.e. silicone, fluorocarbon, etc. - and a wide choice of filter materials - i.e. PTFE membrane, nylon, Dacron, etc.
- Fast turnaround - You can select an AS568* standard o-ring size and we can quickly custom manufacture a Filter Seal® to your needs utilizing any of a variety of available fabrics.
- Unlimited applications - Apple Rubber can design Filter Seal® in virtually any shape, is many sizes for industries from automotive to food grade applications.
Fabric and Weave Types
- Stainless steel
Apple Rubber engineers can help you select the right fabric and weave based on your applications and factors such as:
- Filtration requirements
- Chemical compatibility
- Corrosion resistance
- Burst strength of fabric
- Flexibility of fabric
- Tensile strength
*Note: The current revision of the standard is C but it changes periodically.
For more information on our Filter Seal ® parts, contact Apple Rubber today.