Purpose: An AS-9102 first article inspection form is used to provide a consistent format for reporting first article information to aerospace customers. It verifies that the given part, or parts, meet all required customer drawing specifications.
The AS-9102 first article inspection activities shall include:
- Review of part drawings and specifications for key characteristics.
- Dimensional inspection utilizing Apple Rubber Products Quality Laboratory.
- Review of dimensional inspection results.
- Confirm each key characteristic has inspection results.
- Verify that inspection results were obtained using NIST traceable measuring device.
- Review of nonconformance information, if applicable.
Option 1 — Sampling:
- One Piece per cavity
Option 2 — Sampling:
- Three Pieces per cavity
Below is a link to a sample First Article Inspection Report depicting option 1:
Recognizing seal feedability problems during the production process often occurs too late for a simple solution. That’s why we created a video that outlines exactly what you need to be on the lookout for.